NYTimes is running an interesting article about all the emphasis placed on churning out computer science grads from school at the cost of not training enough folks in other areas. I'm not sure if this is completely true. I definitely think plenty of people still seem to be studying other areas, and the complaint often is that schools can't interest enough folks in computer science. It'll be interesting to see what happens, though.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Stopping 23andMe Will Only Delay The Revolution Medicine Needs
- Abusing The Surveillance Scandal To Punish Internet Freedom Even More
- Bruce Schneier On The Feudal Internet And How To Fight It
- US Free Trade Agreements Are Bad Not Just For The Economy, But For The Environment, Too
- James Clapper Thinks That NSA Employees Will Sell Out Our Nation After A Few Days Without A Paycheck