by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 23rd 2012 5:05am
You may recall that, back in March, on a whim based on a discussion at SXSW, Alexis Ohanian and Erik Martin (from Reddit) teamed up with Holmes Wilson (from Fight for the Future) to crowdfund a billboard to go up in Lamar Smith's district in Austin. It turns out that you internet people don't mind paying after all, and helped fund two billboards which have now gone up in Smith's district, including one across the street from his office in San Antonio, and a second one on "Lamar Blvd" in Austin
Oh, and Ohanian's BreadPig is selling a "Don't Mess with the Internet" t-shirt, where each sale will help fund Fight for the Future and its new Internet Defense League -- which you should join, in part because if you do cool things to help defend the internet, they hand out totally awesome medals.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Google States Unequivocally It Was 'Attacked' By The Chinese... And By The United States
- NSA Defender Rep. Mike Pompeo Attacks SXSW With Ignorant Misleading Diatribe For Having Ed Snowden Speak
- Austin Begins To Show Us What Broadband Competition Was Supposed To Look Like
- SXSW Threatens YXYY With Trademark Infringement
- School District Still Using Default Login For Admin Account Surprised To Learn Its Site Has Been Hacked