It's been fascinating to watch the back and forth discussions about Bitcoin. The big story recently was the supposed "theft" of $500,000 worth of Bitcoins. But, perhaps a lot more interesting is the report of new malware specifically targeting Bitcoins. The malware specifically looks for a Bitcoin wallet, which it then looks to email to a specific server. Among the many concerns people have raised about Bitcoins, this one hadn't received that much attention earlier, but could potentially scare a lot of people. The lack of traceability is one of the selling points, but it also has a downside in these types of situations.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NSA Has A 50,000 Computer Botnet From Secretly Installing Malware Around The Globe
- GCHQ Used Fake Slashdot Page To Install Malware To Hack Internet Exchange
- North Korean Megaweapon: Malware In Games, Porn
- Yes, The FBI Used Malware To Try To Reveal Tor Users
- Comcast NBC Universal Already Moving Past Six Strikes; Trying New Malware Popups Urging Downloaders To Buy