by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 18th 2011 6:38am
It's always nice when either The Daily Show or The Colbert Report touch on stories that we regularly cover, so it was cool on Monday that TDS did a single segment, beautifully named "Well, That Was Fast" to cover both the story of Disney trademarking "Seal Team 6," just two days after Osama bin Laden was killed by SEAL Team 6, and the story of FCC Commissioner Meredith Attwell Baker joining Comcast as a lobbyist just a few months after helping to get their deal with NBC Universal approved. While these may just seem like fun little stories, they're important in showing the problems with the existing system, and it's good to see them getting mainstream attention:
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Appeal Over Former RIAA Lobbyist Judge Allowing Prenda To Get Info On Over 1,000 John Does Moves Forward
- Hollywood Suffering? Why Are Their Execs Making More Than Pretty Much Everyone Else?
- EFF Teaches You How To Bake Mean-Spirited Censorship Pie
- China's State-Run TV Uses Daily Show Clip To Demonize US, Viewers Point Out The Irony
- Bogus Trademark Threat From Twisted Sister Forcing Coffee Shop To Change Its Name