by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 18th 2011 6:38am
It's always nice when either The Daily Show or The Colbert Report touch on stories that we regularly cover, so it was cool on Monday that TDS did a single segment, beautifully named "Well, That Was Fast" to cover both the story of Disney trademarking "Seal Team 6," just two days after Osama bin Laden was killed by SEAL Team 6, and the story of FCC Commissioner Meredith Attwell Baker joining Comcast as a lobbyist just a few months after helping to get their deal with NBC Universal approved. While these may just seem like fun little stories, they're important in showing the problems with the existing system, and it's good to see them getting mainstream attention:
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Adam Savage On Why Copyright And Trademark Holders Need To Get Over Their Obsession With 'Control'
- Magic Hat Brewery Sues West Sixth Brewing, Claiming 6 Looks Too Much Like 9
- Makers Of Nutella Force Fan Who Created World Nutella Day To Shut It Down [Updated]
- Appeal Over Former RIAA Lobbyist Judge Allowing Prenda To Get Info On Over 1,000 John Does Moves Forward
- Hollywood Suffering? Why Are Their Execs Making More Than Pretty Much Everyone Else?