DailyDirt: Hey Teacher, Leave Those Kids Alone!
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
There have been a lot of discussions on the value of an education, recently. Some folks are trying to determine just what a "good education" actually means. Others are trying to justify whether higher education is really necessary for society to function adequately. Here are a few links on the topic of getting educated in the US.
- Professor X isn't a leader of mutant superheroes -- he's an adjunct professor with lots of opinions on how college students should be taught. Perhaps a liberal arts education shouldn't be a pre-requisite for certain high-paying professions anymore... [url]
- Peter Thiel's foundation has picked twenty-four young adults (under 20 years old) to stop going to college. This program doesn't prevent them from going back to school after its two-year fellowship, though. [url]
- Georgetown researchers have gathered up some stats on how much college graduates earn, over their expected careers, by major. Petroleum engineering, FTW! [url]
- Do test scores effectively evaluate the quality of a school? Are we teaching fourth-graders how to take tests? [url]
- To discover more interesting education-related content, check out what's currently floating around the StumbleUpon universe. [url]