It's probably not a good idea, in general, to give the middle finger to police officers you encounter in your everyday life. However, it's also not illegal. So a guy who did it twice, and each time was then pulled over and given questionable citations then sued them for violating his civil rights. The Clackamas County police department in Oregon has now agreed to pay him $4,000 to settle the lawsuit, claiming that it was just cheaper to settle than to fight. Perhaps they also realized that they were likely going to lose as well.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Dallas Police Rule Change Gives Officers 72 Hours To Get Their Stories Straight After Shooting Citizens
- Cops And Schools Collide Again: School Fight Ends With Tased Teen In Medically-Induced Coma
- Worse Than The Disease: Law Enforcement Officers Committing Sexual Violence In The Line Of Duty
- Miami Gardens Police Arrest Store Employee 62 Times For Trespassing At His Place Of Employment
- Ft. Worth Police Department Offers *Real* Apology For Its Assistance In The NHTSA's Blood/Saliva Sampling 'Survey'