There have been plenty of "mafia" or "mobster" related games available these days: on gaming consoles, on mobile devices and (especially) on social networks. It kinda makes you wonder what real mobsters think of them all. Well, at least in one case, we have an idea. Glyn Moody points us to the news that Gerlandino Messina, described as "Sicily's no.2 boss," was arrested last weekend and when police showed up to take him away, he was playing The Godfather game on his Xbox. The game, of course, is based on the movie of the same name and is all about the mafia. You see, in the virtual world, you don't actually go to jail (or get shot). Seems safer.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- GOG Working Their Publicity Magic Via The Government Shutdown
- DailyDirt: Air Hockey Robots
- Apple Disapproves Sweatshop Game That, Perhaps, Hits A Little Too Close To Home
- Phone No One Uses Will No Longer Carry Game No One Plays
- Game Publisher Stardock Apologizes To Its Customers For Releasing A Subpar Game... By Giving Them Its Latest Game Free