We've been covering the recent legal threats against TripAdvisor over "bad reviews" of hotels, which some hotels greatly dislike. However, it seems that one hotel manager decided to take matters into his own hands, and kicked a vacationing couple out of their hotel room and called the police after accusing them of writing a bad review of the hotel. The police admit they were called, but say the man didn't break any laws. The police supposedly advised the couple what to do to get a refund, and noted that "this is a civil matter." It's unclear from the article at the Blackpool Gazette (the link above) what evidence there was that this couple actually wrote the review, but needless to say the couple was not at all pleased about this. I would imagine that they're probably planning to write an even harsher review now, so it's unclear what good kicking them out did.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Public Citizen Suing On Behalf Of Customers Whose Credit Was Ruined By KlearGear's $3,500 'Bad Review' Fee
- Company 'Thanks' Blogger For Positive Review By Sending C&D Claiming 'Unauthorized Trademark Use'
- Yelp Reviewers Launch Class Action Lawsuit Claiming They're 'Unpaid Employees'
- Yelp Sues Law Firm For Posting Fake Reviews
- Manhattan Lasik Threatens Yelp Reviewer For Calling Them Scumbags Who Used Groupon As Bait-And-Switch