We talk about the importance of understanding "free" within the realm of economics and business models all the time here on Techdirt. One of the problems, however, is that time and time again people hear the "free" part, but don't think through the actual strategies of how to apply it properly. This sometimes leads to situations where they just randomly make some stuff free, and then complain that "free" doesn't work. Understanding how to use "free" properly means doing more than just "give it away and pray." So we're hosting a webinar, tomorrow, July 28th at 2pm ET/11am PT which will dive into the subject of how to use free intelligently as a part of your business model. You can register here (again, this may pop up a "preference" page before you can get to the actual signup page -- we've tried to get rid of it, but so far, no luck). Joining me for the webinar will be Simon Morris, VP of marketing and product for BitTorrent Inc., who will talk about various business models that use "free" as a component, highlighting examples of what works and what doesn't. Then we'll have Phil Libin, CEO of Evernote, who will share a detailed case study of how Evernote does "Freemium," and what lessons they've learned in implementing a Freemium type of solution to make money. After that we'll have some Q&A and discussion as well, so come ready with questions. The webinar itself is being sponsored by Verizon, and it should be a lot of fun. We look forward to having you join us tomorrow.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Moby Not Just Giving Away His New Album For Free On BitTorrent, He's Okay With You Profiting From It
- No, People Who Choose To Write On The Internet For Free Are Not 'Slaves'
- A New Hope: How Going Free To Play Brought Redemption To Star Wars MMO
- Google Competitors File Ridiculous EU Complaint Arguing That 'Free' Android Is Anti-Competitive
- Publishers Show Yet Again How To Make Money By Reducing The Price To Zero