Time for another webinar! This coming Wednesday, July 28th at 11am PT/2pm ET we're going to be running a webinar, sponsored by Verizon, about using "free" as a part of your business -- a topic that we obviously discuss quite a bit around here. I'm going to kick off the webinar with a brief talk about the economics of "free" and how to use it proactively for a variety of businesses (not just "entertainment" or "content"), and then we'll have two guests talking about some real world examples. First up will be Simon Morris, VP of marketing and product for BitTorrent Inc., who will talk about various business models that use "free" as a component, highlighting examples of what works and what doesn't. Then we'll have Phil Libin, CEO of Evernote, who will share a detailed case study of how Evernote does "Freemium," and what lessons they've learned in implementing a Freemium type of solution to make money. And, of course, we'll have some discussion and Q&A from attendees as well. Please note, we're using a different technology for this webinar than our past webinars. The link above may take you to a "preferences" page before the signup page. Unfortunately, I'm told there's no way we can avoid this, so click through to get to the actual signup, and we look forward to having you join us next week!
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Why The USTR Is Working So Hard To Kill American Innovation And The Economy
- Moby Not Just Giving Away His New Album For Free On BitTorrent, He's Okay With You Profiting From It
- No, People Who Choose To Write On The Internet For Free Are Not 'Slaves'
- US Free Trade Agreements Are Bad Not Just For The Economy, But For The Environment, Too
- The Good And Bad In Chaotic eBook Pricing