DailyDirt: Kids Don't Just Eat Anything You Give Them...
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
Kids are notoriously picky eaters when it comes to anything that isn't a dessert. Parents aren't helped when their kids are bombarded by ads on TV for all kinds of junk food. But here are a few food efforts that might divert kids' attentions back to healthier foods.
- Disney is adopting new standards for food advertising on its shows targeting kids and families -- to promote fruit and vegetable consumption and meet healthy nutritional guidelines. Awesome, now all healthy food will be approved by Mickey! [url]
- Mickey Mouse isn't the only fictional character who can influence what kids eat. Superheroes can, too. What would Batman eat? [url]
- Food trucks are trendy now, so what better way to bring free meals to kids? Sounds better than an ice cream truck... [url]
- Exercise your palate and try new foods that are bitter. Instead of sticking with salty and sweet (which are generally associated with junk food), a more bitter-flavored diet might provide a healthier range of food. [url]
- To discover more food-related links, check out what's floating around in StumbleUpon. [url]