DailyDirt: Actually, It *Is* Soylent Green...
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
People eat a lot of weird things, but most folks frown upon cannibalism. Some forms of cannibalism are more socially acceptable than others. Here are just a few examples of people eating other people (or parts of them).
- Ingesting placenta capsules doesn't sound like a very modern way to get vitamins and nutrients. But there are other ways to eat placentas -- dried and powdered, roasted, raw... uh. Yum? [url]
- Three people in Brazil have confessed to murdering and cooking up their victims for food. The murderers actually made empanadas out of their victims and sold them as meals to neighbors. [url]
- Armin Meiwes, the German cannibal, describes how he likes to prepare human flesh for dinner -- and insists he's just a normal guy. Meiwes is also serving a life sentence for killing and eating Bernd Brandes in 2001. [url]
- Two Dutch TV hosts have eaten each other's surgically-removed flesh. Their meat was cooked, but unseasoned -- without fava beans or a nice Chianti sauce. [url]
- To discover more food-related links, check out what's floating around in StumbleUpon. [url]