Apparently, you don't just commit to handing over your music recordings if you enter American Idol, but now you have to give up your ability to build your own brand, as well. Hypebot alerts us to the news that American Idol contestants for the latest season were all forced to shut down their Facebook, MySpace and Twitter usage, and point everyone directly to American Idol's own website instead. In an age when having a strong social media presence is important to career success for many musicians, this seems like quite a big trade-off.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Sports Journalist Gets Trolled On Twitter, Tattles To Troll's Parents
- Sports Radio Blowhard Blowhards After Parody Twitter Account
- Oil Traders Misread Tweet, Make Oil Prices Shoot Up
- Fire Sale: Pope Francis Trades Indulgences For Twitter Followers
- 'Secret' DHS Twitter Account Isn't Following Anyone Interesting, So Why Is It Secret?