Just as the US gets its own special "piracy police" in the Justice Department, it looks like Swedish police have put together something similar, with specific police tasked with investigating unauthorized file trading and copyright infringement, teamed up with some prosecutors to help bring cases. Of course, at worst, these should be civil issues decided between private companies and individuals, and at best, the industry should learn to adapt already, as plenty of participants have.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Police Who Seized Woman's Phone As 'Evidence' Of Bogus Crime Now Complaining About Criticism
- Beastie Boys Not Letting Goldieblox Off; Launch Massive Countersuit
- German Copyright Troll Sends Thousands Of Shady Demand Letters To Users Of Streaming Porn Site, Redtube
- Photographer Sends C&D To Something Awful Over Photo 'Shopped To Add A Butt To A Bird
- Kansas City Cops Tell Man They'll Kill His Dogs And Destroy His Home If Forced To Obtain A Search Warrant