by Mike Masnick
Fri, Mar 13th 2009 12:42pm
You may have heard, recently, that some top name musicians went to Congress in support of the proposed Ticketmaster-Live Nation merger that has many people in the industry worried. Eddie Van Halen, Seal, Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins and the four members of the band Journey wrote letters to Congress favoring the deal. But, none of them mentioned a rather important fact, that Bruce Houghton is pointing out: every one of those musicians is managed or co-managed by Irving Azoff, who just so conveniently happens to be CEO of.... Ticketmaster. Doesn't that seem like a bit of a conflict of interest? Or, at the very least, something worth admitting to prior to pushing for the deal to be approved?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- USTR Nominee Froman Called 'One Of The Most Egregious Examples Of The Way The Revolving Door Works Between Gov't And Business'
- Ticketmaster Finally Dropping Captcha System...For Ad-Driven Captcha Clone
- DailyDirt: Talking Animals Are Real
- Artists Want The Ability To Buy Back Their Copyrights If Universal Is Allowed To Buy EMI
- Does Ticketmaster Undercount Tickets Sold To Underpay?