Scammers' ISP Off The Internet... Temporarily
from the well-that's-one-way-to-deal-with-it dept
Apparently an ISP that's got quite the reputation of being "scammer-friendly" is finding it increasingly difficult to find anyone who will provide it internet access. Its latest upstream provider finally kicked it off the internet this past weekend after receiving mounting complaints from researchers who found that 78% of the domains on Intercage's system were scammers and spammers. That's quite a lot, and says something about Intercage's unwillingness to deal with complaints directly. Though, it does raise questions about the "innocent bystanders" who make up the other 22% of Intercage's customers. Should those customers be expected to investigate who else hosts on the ISP they sign up for? Is it fair to cut them off from the internet too? In the meantime, there's always someone else willing to provide service -- and, indeed, it took all of about two days for Intercage to find itself a new provider.