We've been pointing out how the movie industry appears to finally be realizing that they need to give people a reason to go out to the movies, now that they're competing with home theaters, and many are doing that by making use of things like IMAX technology that simply can't be reproduced in the home yet. Now, Parker Mason notes that the next version of the movie Iron Man is supposedly going to be in both 3D and IMAX -- again, trying to give people real reasons to actually go out and see the movie as a social experience. It's nice to see the industry recognizing this, though it would be better if the rest of the industry stopped freaking out about piracy and DRM and put more resources into giving people reasons to pay.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Chinese Propaganda: The US Military Is Making Master Chief Armor; Me: Awesome!
- When Will Hollywood Stop Blaming Everyone Else And Help Itself?
- New Zealand Censors Horror Film, Making It Extra Popular With Downloaders
- Maybe The Answer To The $200 Million Movie Question Is To Not Focus On $200 Million Movies?
- Faulkner Estate Can't Sue Sony Because Owen Wilson Misquotes Nine Word Faulkner Quote In Movie