Toy makers have often made weapons into toys, but what about the other way around? Wired points out that a maker of a toy rocket has been hired by the US Army to create a variable speed gun using the same basic technology used in the toy. The weapon would allow soldiers to use the same gun to fire both lethal and non-lethal rounds. Nonlethal weapons are a big business these days, but it still seems a bit out of place for a toymaker to start building one.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Guy Builds Ten Weapons With Products Purchased After Getting Through Airport Security
- DailyDirt: Towards Safer Nuclear Energy
- DailyDirt: Not So Secret Nuclear Weapons
- Army Battling Information Security Issues With Bad Graphics, Bad Jokes, Stereotypes And Zero Engagement
- PA School Being Sued For Suspending 7-Year-Old Student 'Armed' With A Novelty Buzzing Pen