As publishers continue to fight Google over its efforts to scan books for searchability purposes, we're still seeing more and more evidence that free books don't hurt sales, but can actually help them. The latest is that Oprah apparently promoted a year-old Suze Orman book by giving it away for free on her website as a download for 33 hours. 1.1 million people decided to download it. Even though the book was a year old and available for free... it was still the #6 most popular sold book on Amazon.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Moby Not Just Giving Away His New Album For Free On BitTorrent, He's Okay With You Profiting From It
- No, People Who Choose To Write On The Internet For Free Are Not 'Slaves'
- There Is No 'True' Price For Anything
- Amid NSA Scandal, Orwell Books Rocket Up The Sellers Lists
- Blind Law School Dean Explains Why We Need The WIPO Copyright Treaty For The Blind