Over the summer, we wrote about problems with the merger between AMD and ATI, and folks in the comments insisted we were being too harsh and not giving the deal nearly enough time (along with some words bizarrely suggesting that we were "in bed" with Intel for suggesting any problems at AMD). Turns out that AMD actually agrees with our assessment that the merger has been something of a mess. The company has admitted that it's going to do a material write-down on the merger, though it hasn't yet figured out how much. Either way, it's yet another reminder that merging two big companies isn't a particularly easy process.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- EU Antitrust Regulator Scolded For Simply Ignoring Evidence In Intel's Favor
- Will Nicholas Negroponte Ever Understand That Competition Isn't About Killing OLPC?
- When Colluding With A Competitor, Perhaps Don't Send A Direct Email Suggesting You Keep Prices High
- Do Big Tech Acquisitions Ever Work Out?
- For Now, Big PC Makers May Benefit From Lower Costs