Remember when a judge in Brazil banned the entire YouTube over a video of a famous Brazilian model having sex on the beach? Eventually, following quite an uproar, the judge rescinded the ban, but the case went on. Boing Boing is now reporting that the judge hasn't just sided with YouTube, but is ordering the model to pay Google and other video hosting companies as compensation for the lawsuit. Of course, when the ban first was making the news, the model had said that she wasn't so concerned about the video, but that it was her boyfriend in the video who didn't like it. Wonder which one of them will pay the fine?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops
- Unarmed Man Charged With Assault Because NYC Police Shot At Him And Hit Random Pedestrians
- Judge In No Fly Case Explains To DOJ That It Can't Claim Publicly Released Info Is Secret
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community