There's only so much logic you can use when a mob decides what policies it wants to enforce. According to Slashdot, a group of Indian Nationalists are so unhappy with Google's Orkut social network that they're threatening and vandalizing internet cafes that don't block the site. Of course, that won't stop the groups who are saying disparaging things from gathering online. It won't stop them from thinking the way they do (and, in fact, may reinforce their opinions). It's amazing how quickly people respond to comments they disagree with by trying to block the ability to say them, rather than actually responding and explaining why they're wrong.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional
- EasyDNS Continues To Fight Bogus Website Seizures By City Of London Police After Verisign Issues 'No Decision'