Back in April, we were admittedly impressed with the way that HP was going about its strategic planning for the fact that printing may be a dying business. They were redefining the business they were in, and looking to actually add value to content in some manner or another. Obviously, when you're doing that, there's a lot of trial and error -- and some experiments are bound to fail. However, it's not at all clear what value they're really adding in creating a special capability so that blogs can have a separate print button. We hadn't realized that the print button in the browser was all that complicated to use. It is true that the overall experience of printing could be better -- and it makes sense for HP (or other printer companies) to help improve it, but it's hard to believe that the reason people aren't printing out blogs is because it was too complicated or messy. It might just be that there's simply no need to print out blogs.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Prenda's Paul Duffy Claims To Be 'Too Devastated' By Nelson Mandela's Death To Comment
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick
- Finally, We Have Proof That The Washington Redskins Are Run By Replicants
- DailyDirt: Solar System Factoids
- Lindsay Lohan Is Reportedly Asking Her Lawyers About Going After GTA5 For Non-Portrayal