As regular readers know, we've had some fun suggesting that there's been a bit too much fear mongering over the potential for a "Daylight Savings Bug," for computers that don't know that Congress moved up Daylight Savings by a few weeks this year. The fear was that somehow, having all these clocks off for an hour would cause havoc with... well... that's not clear exactly. Maybe mistimed coffee brewing. Anyway, as we head out for the weekend in which the big switch is supposed to take place, we'll leave you with the Daily Show's excellent take on the matter. Just as in their earlier clips on net neutrality and online gambling, they seem to have a firm grasp on the topic... and, if we're all wrong and everything goes haywire, guess which blog post we'll have to live down next week?
As an aside, now that Viacom has pulled its clips from YouTube and put them only on its own site, I should say that actually getting the necessary embed code for this was painfully close to impossible. Getting the Comedycentral.com page to load properly took 4 tries, 2 browsers and 3 crashes. That's not particularly user friendly. Perhaps it makes sense for them, but they need to make their pages a lot more usable.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Prenda's Paul Duffy Claims To Be 'Too Devastated' By Nelson Mandela's Death To Comment
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick
- Finally, We Have Proof That The Washington Redskins Are Run By Replicants
- DailyDirt: Solar System Factoids
- Lindsay Lohan Is Reportedly Asking Her Lawyers About Going After GTA5 For Non-Portrayal