There are plenty of horror stories about poor customer service from cable companies and telcos, but thanks to the low level of competition in the market, customers typically don't have much recourse. Some localities are trying to change things, but there's always a more extreme option consumers can take, like, say running out of the house naked and threatening some AT&T techs with a shotgun, before going for a joyride in their truck and crashing it into a piece of construction equipment (via Broadband Reports). That's what an 19-year-old guy in Ohio did, and for his trouble he's been charged with aggravated robbery and is being held in a medical facility for (presumably psychiatric) evaluation. No word, though, if they AT&T techs got his U-Verse service working.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- iPhone Developer Creates App Criticizing The iPhone; App Is Quickly Pulled
- Leaked HBGary Documents Show Plan To Spread Wikileaks Propaganda For BofA... And 'Attack' Glenn Greenwald
- Publishers Remove 2500 Journals From Free Access In Bangladesh; Put Them Back When People Notice
- Just Weeks After Cutting Off Wikileaks, Amazon Brags About How US Federal Gov't Is One Of Its Biggest AWS Customers?
- Oh Look, Police Can Investigate A Satirical Online Comment About Mythical Violence And Not Overreact