It's something of a cliche to say that the battle over which format will rule the next generation of DVD players will be decided by whichever format the porn industry chooses. This is in part because the adult industry does have a reputation for embracing new technologies, and because of its size, whichever one it chooses will affect the purchasing decisions of many viewers. But what if porn and HD didn't go hand in hand, as had been assumed? According to some in the industry, high definition makes porn look much worse. All of a sudden, you can see every little imperfection -- warts and all. It's unlikely that this will really stop the industry from eventually migrating to the new technology, and they do have techniques to make things look a little better. But if fans can't get used to HD porn, then then the impact of the industry's choice may be less than anticipated.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NSA FOIA Response Claims Data On Vendor Contracts 'Unsearchable'
- Eric Schmidt Claims Google Considered Moving Its Servers Out Of The US To Avoid The NSA
- DailyDirt: Not So Secret Nuclear Weapons
- Apparently James Clapper And The NSA Don't See Eye-To-Eye On Transparency
- 2009: Man Buys 5000 Bitcoins For $27, Forgets About Them. 2013: Man Rediscovers His Bitcoins, Now Worth $886,000