We've already pointed to some of the madness associated with people trying to get a PS3 early, but Clive Thompson has tried to put a price on it. Based on his rather informal survey of eBay pricing of PS3s over time, it was worth approximately $2,000 to people to get a PS3 four days before others. That is, the day the PS3 was released, you could buy one for about $3,000 on eBay. Within four days, the price had dropped to $1,000, and it's remained around there since. This for the machine that many are saying isn't at all worth it compared to the much cheaper (and just slightly more available) Wii. In fact, reports are now coming out that the PS3 is a lot more available from retailers than you would expect.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Prenda's Paul Duffy Claims To Be 'Too Devastated' By Nelson Mandela's Death To Comment
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick
- Finally, We Have Proof That The Washington Redskins Are Run By Replicants
- DailyDirt: Solar System Factoids
- Lindsay Lohan Is Reportedly Asking Her Lawyers About Going After GTA5 For Non-Portrayal