As you may recall, one of the big reasons given for eBay shelling out billions of dollars to buy Skype last year was that Skype was big in China and somehow (no one ever explained how), that would help get more people in China using eBay. Not surprisingly, that never happened. Rather, as many pointed out before the merger, China has been pretty proactive in blocking VoIP services and (more importantly) there's simply no reason to think that because you use Skype you'd be any more likely to use eBay. So, it should come as little surprise that eBay is shutting down their Chinese efforts, and handing control over to a local Chinese company they'll partner with going forward. So much for that plan.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- How Not To Deal With Plagiarism
- AT&T Tells Shareholders To Mind Their Own Business Concerning Its Relationship With The NSA
- TSA Collects Nearly $500,000 In Abandoned Change Per Year And Has No Idea What To Do With It
- Lawsuit Claims ICE Officers Shot At, Arrested Wrong Man
- United Airlines Nearly Kills Pet, Aims For Streisand Glory Instead Of Paying Vet Bill