It's feeling more and more like 1999 all over again. We aren't just seeing signs of a new bubble in action, but some of the same internet problems from around that time are coming back as well. While we already heard about special "doorbuster" promotions knocking out e-commerce sites, apparently Walmart.com is having trouble keeping up with typical holiday traffic of folks searching for this year's version of the Elmo doll. Those types of downtime for e-commerce sites during the holiday rush were fairly common in 1999... at which point all of the sites insisted they had learned their lesson and invested in much better infrastructure. Apparently, someone forgot to tell Wal-Mart.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional