Along with the holiday shopping season, we've also got the growing fear of people dreading opening those annoyingly difficult plastic "blister packs" that way too many products come in these days. It's tough to find anyone who likes them... other than stores. Retailers claim that it helps cut down on theft, and keeps products fresh and new, but the frustration level of people trying to open the damn things is reaching dangerous levels. Apparently, thousands of people end up at the emergency room each year with "injuries from plastic packaging" according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. So, this holiday season, if you absolutely must buy anyone anything that comes in an impossible to open plastic clamshell, please be careful trying to open it. We'd recommend that you get one of the new device made especially for opening them, but they're apparently sold out in most places, and even if you found one... they apparently come sealed in plastic themselves.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Public Service Commission Orders Verizon To Cough Up Cost Data On Its New York Copper Lines
- Meet The Dedicated Fan Who Makes Your Broken PC Games Work
- FBI Bungles Malware Attempt As Courts Begin To Question Its Legality
- Crowdfunded Prize For Open Source Jailbreaking iOS7 To Improve Accessibility
- Advisory Panel Offers Suggestions To Strengthen US Cybersecurity, But Is The Government Capable Of Change?