A year ago, we wrote about how discount European airline Ryanair was eagerly planning to support a business model of free flights with gambling revenue by installing the ability to gamble on seatback screens in-flight. Earlier this year, we mentioned that the company was also quite anxious to be among the first to allow mobile phones to be used in-flight. Turns out that both ideas are a part of the same plan. They want to get people onto their flights and then offer them the ability to gamble on their mobile phones as they fly. Of course, there are some regulatory hurdles to clear up, but Ryanair apparently is really pushing forward on being the free flying casino where you can not only stay connected, you can give away all your money before you reach your destination.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?