A new movie has come out that's being promoted for the ability to have a "choose your own adventure" path through the DVD. Apparently, the story's been cut up into hundreds of pieces, and you get to click through to choose how you want to view the story. The movie makers note that no two viewing experiences may be the same. They claim that they spent a lot of time developing the software to make this possible, and while they're happy with the movie they made, they're hoping to sell the technology to others for similar movie projects. Of course, this isn't a particularly new idea. Over three years ago there was a story about a very similar technology that apparently never caught on (since no one seems to remember it). It's definitely a cool gimmick, but it's not clear how practical it is for most movie makers.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Comedic Artistry In Amazon Reviews
- GoldieBlox Pulls Beastie Boys Video, Promises To Drop Legal Dispute
- It's Not Such A Wonderful Public Domain, As Paramount Plans To Block 'It's A Wonderful Life' Sequel
- The MPAA's Plan To Piss Off Young Moviegoers And Make Them Less Interested In Going To Theaters
- Shocking Revelation: Websites For Cheating On Your Spouse Are BSing You