With plenty of people (including the FCC) noticing that BellSouth was being particularly ridiculous in continuing to collect the USF fee despite it no longer being required, it appears BellSouth is finally backing down. They've admitted that they will stop collecting the "regulatory recovery fee". They'll also credit the people they already charged. They don't give a reason for this, so we'll just assume it was embarrassment... and expect to see an "embarrassment and apology fee" on the next bill.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Rep. Peter King's Office Suggests NPR Producer Lied About Being Detained At Border By DHS
- USTR Says TPP Must Be Kept Secret, Because The Public Is Too Stupid To Understand It
- DailyDirt: Technology Is Changing The Way We Talk Because Internetz, LOL
- Joe Biden Tells Chinese Citizens To 'Challenge The Government,' Neglects To Mention His Administration Doesn't Like Being Challenged
- Holy See (The Pope) Criticizes TPP And TAFTA/TTIP In WTO Speech