For quite some time there have been rumors about Amazon's plans for video or audio downloads. Now, just a week after Apple's movie download plans are leaked, Amazon's own similar plans are leaked as well. Apparently, Amazon decided to skip completely by a music download store (something they've also talked about for years) since Apple remains so dominant in the space. So, it's unlikely they're thrilled about Apple's plans in the video space as well. However, again, it'll be interesting to see how the market shakes out. The article is a bit vague and still leaves a lot up in the air, while ignoring how things like BitTorrent or YouTube could end up competing in the market. Just because Amazon is entering the space, it doesn't mean it's a slam dunk that enough people will care.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Comedic Artistry In Amazon Reviews
- GoldieBlox Pulls Beastie Boys Video, Promises To Drop Legal Dispute
- It's Not Such A Wonderful Public Domain, As Paramount Plans To Block 'It's A Wonderful Life' Sequel
- The MPAA's Plan To Piss Off Young Moviegoers And Make Them Less Interested In Going To Theaters
- Shocking Revelation: Websites For Cheating On Your Spouse Are BSing You