Last month, in yet another "for the children" political move, a local politician in New York sued Google for profiting from child porn. This was obviously something of a publicity stunt, and now the politician has dropped the lawsuit, claiming that it was successful in bringing Google to the table to discuss this important matter. More likely is that it brought Google (or perhaps others who actually understand how Google works) to the table to explain why this was a completely baseless lawsuit that had no chance of going anywhere.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Kansas City Cops Tell Man They'll Kill His Dogs And Destroy His Home If Forced To Obtain A Search Warrant
- Most Big Internet Companies Speak Out For Major Surveillance Reform
- Witness In No Fly List Trial, Who Was Blocked From Flying To The Trial, Shows That DOJ Flat Out Lied In Court
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops