While we're glad that federal election rules do not regulate online speech, it still will be interesting to see how this results in a lot of political money flowing into spam campaigns. For an example of where we might be headed, just look south of the border at the vicious spam campaigns on behalf of each presidential candidate there. Most seem to be filled with typical campaign mudslinging -- but taken to an extreme level. Of course, as with traditional political mudslinging, you have to wonder if people are really convinced by these types of extremely negative ads that are clearly outright lies, exaggerations or statements taken out of context.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Declassified Opinion On Bulk Email Collection Details More Abuse By The NSA
- FBI Uses Invitation To Investigate One Email As An Excuse To Dig Through Multiple Email Accounts
- Lavabit To Release Code As Open Source, As It Creates Dark Mail Alliance To Create Even More Secure Email
- How Is Consumer Watchdog 'Helping' When It's Trying To Destroy Services Consumers Find Useful
- Mayor Bloomberg Uses Private Email To Avoid FOI Requests; Has No Plans To Retain Archive Of Office, NYPD Emails