Oh please, please, please, please, please make this insanity over net neutrality stop. Last night, we pointed out how two DC newspapers had ridiculous editorials that had misleading or outright false statements against the concept of net neutrality. We noted that both sides are stooping to ridiculous levels, obscuring the real debate. A few weeks ago, we pointed out how silly it was for the "pro" net neutrality crowd to trot out people like Moby in support of net neutrality. However, today the "celebrity endorsements" went to ridiculous levels. Somehow, unfortunately, the pro-net neutrality astroturfing PR firm has put me on their press release list. I've explained to them that I have no interest on being on the list, but they still bombard me with useless press releases every day. The third one this morning (yikes) is about how some well-known singer songwriters have banded together (I kid you not) to write and record a song in favor of network neutrality. Go ahead and listen to it here if you can. While they say it's "tongue-in-cheek" they also say "it's scary... 'cause it's true." Except that it's not. It's full of hyperbole about what a break in net neutrality would do. It does nothing to improve the debate -- and does plenty to distract from the actual issue again.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Prenda's Paul Duffy Claims To Be 'Too Devastated' By Nelson Mandela's Death To Comment
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick
- Finally, We Have Proof That The Washington Redskins Are Run By Replicants
- DailyDirt: Solar System Factoids
- Lindsay Lohan Is Reportedly Asking Her Lawyers About Going After GTA5 For Non-Portrayal