It appears that the RIAA goes through a slightly different "stages of grief" than your average person. It starts with lawsuits, is followed by gibberish, and then comes denial. Believe it or not, the RIAA is now claiming that downloading and sharing of unauthorized songs has now been "contained." Of course, reality doesn't back that up. BigChampagne, the firm that tracks all of this stuff, notes that it appears to just keep going up, with no noticeable hesitation or decline due to the recording industry's tactics.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- GoldieBlox Pulls Beastie Boys Video, Promises To Drop Legal Dispute
- It's Not Such A Wonderful Public Domain, As Paramount Plans To Block 'It's A Wonderful Life' Sequel
- The MPAA's Plan To Piss Off Young Moviegoers And Make Them Less Interested In Going To Theaters
- Shocking Revelation: Websites For Cheating On Your Spouse Are BSing You
- Internet Archive Fire Shows Vulnerability Of The World's Online Memory