These stories are becoming so common that they're almost unremarkable these days, but Canon is the latest camera manufacturer to say it's considering quitting the film camera business. Such a decision, following a similar move by Nikon earlier this year, would certainly indicate the long-predicted death of the film camera business -- even though the film-using community lives on. Perhaps now stories about the death of film will slow down, and we'll be treated to analyst predictions about how long it will be before cameraphones kill the standalone digital camera business.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Thomas Friedman Believes Snowden Should Get A 'Second Chance,' By Which He Means 'Come Back To The US And Stand Trial'
- Lebanese Internal Security Force Requests Facebook Passwords, Text Messages Of All Citizens In The Country
- DailyDirt: Bullet The Blue
- DailyDirt: Making Memories
- DailyDirt: How Do You Solve A Problem Like... Academia?