theodp writes "A week after Amazon testified before Congress in 2006 that it would be 'unconstitutionally burdensome' to require Amazon to collect interstate taxes, the USPTO disclosed that the e-tailer has been quietly seeking a patent for collecting international taxes since 2004. USPTO records indicate the patent application was filed with a request that it not be published. Nonpublication requests must be rescinded if a foreign or international application is filed."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Scumbag Revenge Porn Site Operator Arrested... But Many Of The Charges Are Very Problematic
- Legal Challenges To Spying Mount In UK
- Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood Thinks Google Is To Blame For Infringement On The Web
- Feds To FISC: Of Course We Don't Have To Share Our Full Legal Filings With Companies Suing Us Over NSA Transparency
- Kansas City Cops Tell Man They'll Kill His Dogs And Destroy His Home If Forced To Obtain A Search Warrant