theodp writes "Microsoft has filed for a patent covering the display of "annoying notifications" that demand payment of your overdue bill when you attempt to change the television channel. Check out the images, which illustrate how the kiddies will be informed Daddy's a deadbeat when they change the channel away from Sesame Street!" It's worth noting, of course, this is just an application, not a granted patent.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- More Schools Reconsidering Zero Tolerance Policies And On-Campus Law Enforcement
- Case Over No-Fly List Takes Bizarre Turn As Gov't Puts Witness On No Fly List, Then Denies Having Done So
- Dallas Police Rule Change Gives Officers 72 Hours To Get Their Stories Straight After Shooting Citizens
- Canadian Government Rolls Out National Cyberbullying Legislation And, No Surprise, It's Problematic
- Lawyer For Cop Charged In Beating Death Of Homeless Man Claims Officer Didn't Use ENOUGH Force