For years, it's been predicted that as the baby boom generation started reaching retirement age, companies would finally start focusing on designing products for senior citizens. In the past, it's always been a much smaller focus -- but with such a large demographic all heading into the silver years at the same time (and with great purchasing power), it comes as no surprise that suddenly, it's fashionable to be designing products for a generation older than you. Prior to this, many felt that few companies focused on designing products for an older generation, because most working people had obviously never gone through the process of being elderly. The article doesn't talk too much about technology (a little about automobile design, mainly), but it's likely that we're going to see plenty more articles along these lines -- and maybe a few less focusing on teenagers and young adults.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Stopping 23andMe Will Only Delay The Revolution Medicine Needs
- Abusing The Surveillance Scandal To Punish Internet Freedom Even More
- Bruce Schneier On The Feudal Internet And How To Fight It
- US Free Trade Agreements Are Bad Not Just For The Economy, But For The Environment, Too
- James Clapper Thinks That NSA Employees Will Sell Out Our Nation After A Few Days Without A Paycheck