In the mid-90s, if you saw Bill Gates speak, he almost always brought up the idea of the digital wallet he expected us all to be carrying by the end of the decade/century/millennium. Of course, things didn't quite turn out that way, but it appears Gates has gone back to pushing the idea. His latest speech sounds an awful lot like those talks from a decade ago, and you almost get the feeling that Gates is now pushing for the digital wallet more to prove he was right than because he actually thinks that's what people want.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Stopping 23andMe Will Only Delay The Revolution Medicine Needs
- Abusing The Surveillance Scandal To Punish Internet Freedom Even More
- Bruce Schneier On The Feudal Internet And How To Fight It
- US Free Trade Agreements Are Bad Not Just For The Economy, But For The Environment, Too
- James Clapper Thinks That NSA Employees Will Sell Out Our Nation After A Few Days Without A Paycheck