Okay, it's pretty well know at this point that, while some people can do just fine without the internet, others feel they can't live without it. Just imagine being in the latter group and living somewhere where the internet was kept away from people, or heavily blocked, like Cuba. Years ago, we had a story about Cubans sneaking bootleg internet connections, but, more recently Cuba has been much more proactive in blocking the internet from many citizens. Apparently, that's too much for one Cuban man, who has gone on a hunger strike to demand full, unfettered internet access. It's already been 36 days, and he's apparently not in good shape (and refusing medicine). It seems like an awfully big price to pay to surf the web.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Prenda's Paul Duffy Claims To Be 'Too Devastated' By Nelson Mandela's Death To Comment
- Police Chief To Be Paid In Bitcoin, But Mostly As A Publicity Stunt Gimmick
- Finally, We Have Proof That The Washington Redskins Are Run By Replicants
- DailyDirt: Solar System Factoids
- Lindsay Lohan Is Reportedly Asking Her Lawyers About Going After GTA5 For Non-Portrayal