Google, of course, is notorious for not giving analysts much guidance, but last week they had an "analyst day" to try to address many of their concerns. The aftermath, though, is showing a few glitches in the Google quiet zone. Among the information posted to the website were some financial projections, which quickly got pulled. However, they were up long enough to get discussed -- and to force Google to issue a statement begging people to ignore the content -- more or less guaranteeing the opposite comes true. At the same time, much of the web is buzzing over some other information, leaked in the "notes" of a PowerPoint presentation, about Google's plans to offer some sort of online storage drive. Whether or not this comes true, it would seem that Google is quickly learning how difficult it is to keep some things secret.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional
- EasyDNS Continues To Fight Bogus Website Seizures By City Of London Police After Verisign Issues 'No Decision'
- School Firewalls And Their Blocks On 'Gay/Lesbian Issues'
- NSA Spied On Porn Habits Of 'Radicalizers,' Planned To Use Details To Embarrass Them