It may not be a requirement, but it certainly appears to help to be obnoxious when you run a group like the RIAA or MPAA. The head of the record-label trade group, Cary Sherman, is now trying to introduce the term "songlifting" to describe people that download music illegally, trying yet again to connote downloading with stealing. It bears repeating that copyright infringement isn't stealing, no matter how much they want to throw people in jail.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Thomas Friedman Believes Snowden Should Get A 'Second Chance,' By Which He Means 'Come Back To The US And Stand Trial'
- Lebanese Internal Security Force Requests Facebook Passwords, Text Messages Of All Citizens In The Country
- DailyDirt: Bullet The Blue
- DailyDirt: Making Memories
- DailyDirt: How Do You Solve A Problem Like... Academia?