There really are a lot of gullible people out there. The SEC has shut down the latest online ponzi scam, which was one of these "auto-surf" deals. That's not so interesting, considering just how many such scams there are. What's both amazing and scary here is that the scam appears to have taken in over $50 million in $6 increments. Can someone please add "Skepticism 101" and "How Not To Be Gullible" to our elementary school curriculum?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Scammy Company Trying To Get Writers For Major Sites To Engage In Pay-To-Link Arrangements
- Teenager Pays Hundreds Of Dollars For A Picture Of An Xbox One
- Watch One Kickstarter Creator Self-Destruct As People Call Him Out For Scam Project
- South Korean Spy Agency Allegedly Tried To Influence Presidential Vote - By Posting 1.2 Million Tweets
- And Here Comes The NSA-Themed Ransomware