Several months ago, Chinese officials said they'd begin blocking text messages that weren't socially beneficial. Now, they're prepared to go a step further, tossing people that send sexually explicit messages in jail for nine days and fining them about $60. Hopefully all those Cyrano SMS services are keeping things clean -- although putting people that forward stupid spam in jail might not be such a bad idea.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- iPhone Developer Creates App Criticizing The iPhone; App Is Quickly Pulled
- Leaked HBGary Documents Show Plan To Spread Wikileaks Propaganda For BofA... And 'Attack' Glenn Greenwald
- Publishers Remove 2500 Journals From Free Access In Bangladesh; Put Them Back When People Notice
- Just Weeks After Cutting Off Wikileaks, Amazon Brags About How US Federal Gov't Is One Of Its Biggest AWS Customers?
- Oh Look, Police Can Investigate A Satirical Online Comment About Mythical Violence And Not Overreact