With the Winter Olympics drawing near -- wait, are we allowed to say that? -- apparently it's newsworthy to report that several Olympians have online fan sites. Of course, the article glosses over the most interesting part, that there's an 800-strong group called the Michelle Kwan Guardian Angels "who vow to love and protect the American figure skater from bashing in chat rooms or message boards". Didn't Tanya Harding have something sort of like that?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- iPhone Developer Creates App Criticizing The iPhone; App Is Quickly Pulled
- Leaked HBGary Documents Show Plan To Spread Wikileaks Propaganda For BofA... And 'Attack' Glenn Greenwald
- Publishers Remove 2500 Journals From Free Access In Bangladesh; Put Them Back When People Notice
- Just Weeks After Cutting Off Wikileaks, Amazon Brags About How US Federal Gov't Is One Of Its Biggest AWS Customers?
- Oh Look, Police Can Investigate A Satirical Online Comment About Mythical Violence And Not Overreact