For years and years we've been hearing about how mobile porn is going to be a big business. Those who believe it point out that the VCR and the internet both represent markets that were driven forward by adult content -- and therefore mobile content will grow in the same way. In fact, there's an entire conference this week dedicated to the business of mobile porn. Since it's focused on the business side, it's not too surprising that it actually sounds fairly boring. However, most of the people at the conference have a vested interest in the business, so they're hyping up just how big mobile porn will be. There's just one problem. People just aren't that interested. Sure, some people are, but what people seem to be missing is that the VCR and the internet were pushed forward by porn because it helped people view porn in the privacy of their own homes. Mobile porn is the opposite -- about allowing people to view porn outside of their home, in public and on a tiny, tiny screen. So, sure, there are going to be some people who want it, but it's still difficult to see it really being that big a market.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?